Welcome to the Sathya Sai Baba Center of Dallas. Our center meets weekly for its devotional, service and children spiritual education activities. Other special events and celebrations are also scheduled during the year. We look forward to meeting and serving you.
IMPORTANT: Dallas Sai Center is closed on March 15th & March 22nd due to COVID-19
Sai Ram! We all pray to our beloved Swami for his divine protection during this temporary setback with the Coronavirus crisis. As this virus seems to be spreading within the DFW Metroplex, the center officers team has our members safety as our utmost priority. Based on that, the team has decided to suspend all center activities for the next two Sundays – March 15th and March 22nd.
The suspension of our center activities is a proactive measure to help prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking these steps out of an abundance of caution for our center members. While we understand that these and other measures will cause some disruption and inconvenience to our members, we believe that actions taken now will have the greatest chance of decreasing risk, and that the potential consequences of not taking action could far outweigh these short-term disruptions.
The suspension of activities include devotional sessions (bhajans), Study Circle and SSE classes. Additionally, all service activities are being reviewed and the only activities that we are continuing to participate are the ones where we provide food, which is critical for the clients we serve.
To ensure we continue our Sadhana, we have set up the following Bhajan WebEx meeting/conference call for members to join in, where we will be broadcasting bhajans during our regular Sunday devotional time, from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
Date: Sun, Mar 15th & Sun, Mar 22nd
Time: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Teams Online Conference:
Meeting Link: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Conference ID: 903 604 091#
If you need instructions for joining the Teams meeting, please click here.
If you are using the above link to join online, you may be prompted to download the Teams app to join the online conference.
You can also join by phone:
Phone #: 469-208-1536
Conference ID: 903 604 091#
This option does not require downloading an app.
- Meeting Dates/Times: Sundays, 1:40pm – 4:45pm
- Location: Unitarian Universalist Church, 2875 E. Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75074
- Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/NQZZf4p2Em92
Weekly Devotional/Education Meeting Schedule
- Study Circle: 2:00pm to 3.15pm
- Devotional Singing(Bhajans) & Closing Prayers: 3:30pm to 4.45pm
Center Office Bearers
|President||Manhar (Manny) Mistry|
|Vice President||Anand Sivaraju|
|Asst. SSE||Nimmi Vempati|
|YA Coordinator Female||Chinmayee Venkataraman|
|YA Coordinator Male||Ganesh Vishwanathan|
Core Service Activities Schedule
- Weekly Sat/Sun – The Bridge: Dinner/breakfast/study groups with homeless adults, 6:00 pm / 7:00 am
- Weekly Fri – VNA (Visiting Nurse Assoc.) “Meals-on-Wheels”: Meals for elderly/disabled, 10:00 am
- Weekly Fri – Collin County “Meals-on-Wheels”: Meals for elderly/disabled, 11:00 am
- Monthly Fri – Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind: Transport. and fun activities with blind guests , 6:00 pm
- Monthly Sat – Family Gateway Center: Prepare/serve meals for homeless, 4.00 pm
- Monthly Fri – Austin Street Shelter: Prepare/serve meals for homeless, 7.00 pm
- Monthly Sat – Pleasant Valley Nursing Home: Visits, treats, bingo, 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Special Projects: Drives, Swami B’Day, Christmas, regional, etc
– Dallas Sai Center Sai Gardening: Click to learn more about the Human Values based gardening
– Raised Bed Garden: Click for instruction on setting up a raised bed garden
– Compost Bucket: Click to learn more about making and setting up an outdoor compost bucket (also called the bio-digester)
– Garden Tower: Click to learn more about building a Garden Tower (also called the Tower Garden)
Sai Center Activities for the SAIYEAR As we are starting the year for working to be better person, we have started many initiatives and we hope that you will be able to take the advantage by participating. Below are the list of activities
*Sign Membership form as a commitment
*Commitment to read Prema vahini
*Work on Human(Honesty) value as a family
*Attend monthly Suprabhatam Seva at 5:00 am.
*Set Personal Goals, Journey, Reminder for Transformation
*Memorandum of commitment with Swami
*Stop Look and Go or Mindful Living
*Chant Swami’s name Sri Sathya Sai Baba Namah
*Show Gratitude for what we have in our life
*Listen to Divine voice RADIOSAI *Participate in 45 Sai gardens *Set aside some food item daily to donate
*Visit nursing homes to spread happiness.