Current Service Activities
Soup Kitchen Food Service
- Details: We have formed a committee to select a soup kitchen service opportunity. We have some basic inputs we received from few of the soup kitchens and are in the process of evaluating them. If any one is interested in being part of this committee and would like to provide inputs, please send an email to Jay Solankee – email@example.com
- Bread Pickup Service : Currently we are continuing the Bread pickup service to pick up from HEB’s and handing over to Salvation Army and other places. For more details on this activity, please contact Siva kumar Jambunathan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soup Kitchen Cook Book
Nursing Home Visits
- 1st Saturday of Each Month, 3:00pm – 4:30pm and 4th Saturday of Each Month, 10:30am – 11:30 am
- Location: 3509 Rogge Lane, Austin TX 78723
- Details: Twice a month, a few members of the Austin Sai Center devote time to spend with the underprivileged, and many times forgotten residents of a local nursing home in East Austin. The activities take place every fourth Saturday of the month for about 1 1/2 hours, and involve fun games such as bingo, music and snacks.
Elementary School Tutoring
- Every Monday from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
a.Allison elementary: 515 Vargas Rd, Austin, TX 78741
b.Baghdad elementary: 800 Deercreek Ln Leander, TX 78641
- Every Tuesday from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Location: McBee elementary: 1101 W Braker Ln Austin, TX 78758
- Details: On the education front, we have been conducting after school tutoring at McBee, Allison and Baghdad Elementary schools which primarily have children from low-income families. In association with the School authorities we have devised a curriculum to teach the children Mathematics and help with the STAAR test preparation. Further, as part of total development, children are encouraged to learn and play mental games like chess. Children are provided with light snacks also.
This activity is conducted every Monday and Tuesday from 5.30PM – 7.00PM. About fifty to sixty children attend and benefit from this program. The experience and feedback from the school authorities is positive and favourable. We the members of the Austin Sai Centre have the satisfaction of making and seeing few young ones smiling.
Birthday celebration for Austin State Hospital residents
- 3rd Friday of Each Month, 5:45pm – 7:00pm
- Location: 4110 Guadalupe, Austin, TX 78751
- Details: Once a month, members of the Sai center host a birthday party for residents of the Austin State Hospital. This service acitivity takes place before the center meets and a few buildings away from the All Faith chapel (our weekly meeting place).
Core Service Activities Schedule
- Weekly Sat – Food pickup service: HEB’s to Salvation Army and other places, 6:00 am – 8:00 am
- Weekly Tue – McBee Elementary Tutoring: TAKS/STAAR preparation, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Weekly Mon – Allison Elementary Tutoring: TAKS/STAAR preparation, 5:30-7:00 pm
- Monthly Sat – Walnut Hills Nursing Home: Visits, treats, bingo, music, 10:30 – 11:30 am
- Monthly Fri – Austin State Hospital: Visits, treats, gifts, music, 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Bi-Annually Sat – Family Medical Camps: Screening, prescriptions, follow-up, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Annually Sat – Austin Children’s Shelter (for protected children): Party/celebrations
- Special Projects: Food/Cans/Toy/Coat drives, Swami B’Day + special occasions, regional, etc